“I like ’em big, I like ’em chunkyI like ’em big, I like ’em plumpyI like ’em round, with something something
They like my sound, they think I’m funky.”— Will.i.am, “Big and Chunky”, featured in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
The Big Beautiful Woman, or BBW for short, is an aversion of Hollywood’s usual standards of size and beauty and is accompanied by Beauty Tropes or Attraction Tropes which draw attention to her assets with equal or greater Fanservice or Male Gaze than thinner women in the setting, and without being used as blatant irony. She’s not used as a Foil or Token Minority to make other characters look more attractive, like a Pet Homosexual or Bromantic Foil (a raunchy best friend that demonstrates how well-adjusted or advantaged the Protagonist is). Even if not the protagonist herself, she may be part of the Beta Couple or a Breakout Character. Her weight may not even be (and, in most cases of the trope probably won’t be) the basis of her beauty or attractiveness; attention may instead be drawn to her beautiful eyes, feminine features or, more blatantly, her breasts or posterior—but regardless, she is a knock-out.
Below are tips on how to live the life of a plus-size woman and still be beautiful (also referred to as BBW or Big Beautiful Woman).
- Be happy with the size you are.
- Do not try to look like someone you are not.
- People come in all shapes and sizes.
- Embrace the shape and size you are.
- Ask your doctor how you can be a healthier type of shape and size person you already are.
- Be proud of who you are.
- Do not hide your BBW body in over-sized clothing.
- Do not care that you don’t look like the women in popular magazines.
- Hang out with like minded and like bodied people.
- Talk with your doctor about how to be healthy in the body you have without having to become skinny. Do as your doctor directs.
- Be positive.