You are short and proud, but you may not want to accentuate the height factor. To help you solve any style problem related to height, we share the best fashion tips for short girls. With expert advice and adaptation tricks, consider this your definitive guide to hugging your height. Beautiful things often come in small packages. Enough of all philosophy, you say?
Well, let me clarify this: the rules of fashion are always questioned and so are the definitions of ideal body types. The idea is to work with our natural body type and dress to make the best of us. If you are still not convinced, we also have evidence. We have listed dress ideas, fashion tips, what to do and what not to do, and much more to give you an idea on how to dress for your body type.
- The first general rule for young women is to follow the 2/3 – 1/3 rule. It simply means that you don’t divide your body into two halves with your bandage. Instead, cover 2/3 of your body with the lower part and the remaining 1/3 with your upper part.
- Stratification is the best way to fix your appearance, but don’t overdo it and make it overwhelming.
- Do not choose dresses that stop in the calf region; keep it short to the knees or to the ankle.
- Be aware of where your shoulders sit: they should be ready and not too tight or too loose.
- The same goes for your sleeves too; They should fall to the tip of your arms and no more. They can be shorter, but not longer.
- Monochromes are your best friends, keep them close.
Stay away from outfits that are too square and square; It does not adapt to your body type.
- If you choose stripes, choose vertical, especially for one-piece dresses, pants, etc. The upper part can be horizontal.
Favor Your Figure
Some of our favorite style tricks to favor the figure include opting for bare shoes or wearing a deep V neckline, both guaranteed to accentuate your frame. When you look for a monochromatic appearance, play with different shades of the same color to achieve a winning appearance. We love how Aimee combined a midi skirt with a jacket with a belt, which finally showed her small body in a fresh and subtle way.
Earlier we mentioned that certain trends are better in a short way than others. Mini bags are a perfect example of this, and on that note, we also recommend avoiding large bags. Belts are another accessory that can totally change the game.