Technology does have its pros, but nobody can deny that the cons that come with it are starting to become a major problem. We all
There are many types of relationships that people develop over time, and the most important by far is “family relationship”, of course. This is where the impact of social media is most visible. Earlier, families would bond in face-to-face conversations that would take place with each other when everyone had finished work and was at home, relaxing.
These days, families barely greet each other and everyone is immersed in their own articles on their own social media accounts. Watching videos, responding to online messages, and responding to friends seems to have become more important than saying hello.
- One of the most positive effects of social media on marriage is that couples who spend a lot of time away from each other can stay in touch and feel closer to each other despite the distance.
- Couples are better able to get to know their other friends and social circles because social media feeds make it easier to see what a person is doing and what they like to do. This often makes them feel closer to each other although they have only become friends recently.
- As is often the case, children grow up, go to university and start their own lives. In cases like this, it’s easier for parents to stay in touch with their children through social media. With the possibility of video chatting and sharing photos, etc., families who live far from each other can reduce this distance, if only in cyberspace.
- Social media can get very addictive. Most people find that it has become a constraint for them to check their phone every few minutes to see if they have new notifications. In fact, the addiction is so real and strong that it has been found that people experience the same type of withdrawal symptoms as an addict if they cannot access their social networks.
- Compulsive social media verification made face-to-face communication very difficult. Family members can communicate with each other online or on social media rather than talking to each other. A husband and wife can spend time next to each other, but their minds are absorbed in their own social entertainment as they go through their individual flows. This is one of the negative effects of social media on early marriage.
- Since people tend to only publish the best parts of their lives on social media, it can be very easy to imagine that this is how their lives are always. This can sometimes lead to families or couples being very unhappy with their own life and situation.